WCC is committed to the following values:
Glorifying God through worship
- It's about Jesus. The church is not about the pastor, or people, or some secondary cause. It’s about Jesus as King and us as His people gathering to listen to His edicts so that we might rightly learn about Him to further obey Him and worship Him.
Christ's priority is our priority
- Since God is assembling people who worship Him in spirit and truth, we will join His work in our world and proclaim His Gospel and build up men, women, families, singles, seniors, youth and children in Christ.
Theological & biblical accuracy
- Since we're about Jesus, we seek to align with His Word in everything we teach. We seek to be so faithful to the Word of God, that no one who ever comes to WCC will ever be taught theological or biblical error in our church. Likewise, we all desire to better align with God’s Word and we will all graciously and readily receive correction when appropriate.
- The Holy Spirit will guide His people on a path that exalts Christ, submits to His Word, and fulfills His mission for WCC in this world. Thus, we follow the Lord and wait for Him to lead and provide before we take action. If He does not seem to provide for something we were hoping to do, we will follow Him rather than our preferences.
Living life together as God's People
- We seek to live in unity with one another. When it comes to matters of personal preferences, we put other people ahead of ourselves. When it comes to matters of the Word, we pursue accuracy and cannot place relationships over faithfulness to scripture. When it comes to matters of disagreement, we will believe the best and seek to speak the truth in love and respect.
Obedience to Christ
- Everything the church does ought to originate from Christ and His will. Jesus does not want us doing our own thing, He wants us doing His thing. When Jesus told Peter to cast his net on the right side of the boat; there was no material difference between each cast; the Lord was seeking Peter's obedience. Along those lines, we will seek to follow Christ in direct obedience to His Word and even in the hidden details of things like prayer, preparation, personal holiness, etc. knowing that Christ will bless those who obey Him.
- WCC is led by elders and deacons who are men called and equipped by God and confirmed by matching every biblical qualification listed in 1st Timothy 3 (and Titus 1 for elders). They need to be theologically trained so that they can recognize counterfeits. They need to have the character necessary to not be swayed by popular opinion, but rather biblical truths. They need to be willing to do the hard work of ministry, even when it’s unpopular—so that WCC aligns with Christ’s mission for our church.